Frame Around Bitmap

Moderators: HPC, Daven

BKBickershaw20

Frame Around Bitmap

Post by BKBickershaw20 »

Having problems with bitmap engraving.
I'm sure this is a common problem and no doubt a very basic question, but can anyone help with engraving a bitmap image without engraving the surrounding "frame/margin" of the picture?
In essence I save a picture from Google images as a bitmap, when I come to engrave with Lasercut 5.3, it engraves the image, but also the border or frame that surrounds it.
I have tried clipping in CorelDraw, without success.
I realise I can put the image through something like Photograv, but this seems a longwinded and expense way of engraving basic line drawn bitmap images.
Any help or suggestions will be gratefully received; thanks.
Daven

Re: Frame Around Bitmap

Post by Daven »

In 5.3 I normally use PNG images buut JPG should be ok as well.

If the image is full colour I turn them B&W and add a dither filter (IrfanView is good for this).

If the image is already B&W it normally works fine - you may need to check the scap gap settings as well.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
BKBickershaw20

Post by BKBickershaw20 »

Thanks Dave,
Sorry for late reply, as I've been away (school holidays hooray!).
I'll give it a try.
Daven

Post by Daven »

No worries ;)
Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC