LS1290 speeds

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Rog

LS1290 speeds

Post by Rog »

Hi,

Does anyone know what the maximum engraving speed a 1290 can run at?

I'm asking as I have switched to a different brand of engraving laminate. The supplier has quoted a speed in % for the best quality result.

The laminate is better quality but I'm struggling to engrave it as good as the old stuff.

I tend to do all my engraving at 400 speed but in fairness, 400 is just a number. It could be 400 bananas for all it means. What does 400 represent?
And what is the fastest speed this machine will run at when engraving?

I know power plays a part in the engraving quality but I know what 80w is and how to work out percentages for it as well as understanding scan gaps/dpi.

Just trying to find a good starting point to work from.

Cheers
HPC

Re: LS1290 speeds

Post by HPC »

Hi Rog,

The speed is in mm/s.

200-400 mm/s is recommended for engraving. 400 mm/s being the standard speed. It is capable of higher speeds, but you are more likely to encounter errors with the engraving quality if you run it too quickly, and it can negatively affect parts like the bearings.

I am assuming that the laminate supplier uses their own base reference speed, as a % on its own is probably even less helpful than 400 bananas.

I hope this helps.

HPC
Rog

Re: LS1290 speeds

Post by Rog »

Hi, I suspected it may be mm/s

I've found 400 is usually ok for everything else I've engraved, I'm just struggling to find the sweet spot for this new stuff.

And yeah, a % isn't much use without knowing the speeds or what their machine speed is capable of.

After messing with it this afternoon, I've progressed in its engraving quality so iy's pretty much bob on now.

Thanks for your reply.