Double lines on cutting

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Scriggles

Double lines on cutting

Post by Scriggles »

Hi there
I'm cutting something similar to MDF. Top half of the board cuts perfectly, second half has very prominent double line. I've checked mirror alignment, cleaned the first mirror (not sure how to clean the second?), cleaned the lens in the nozzle .... any other tips?
The water temp is just over 24 degrees but assume that wouldn't be the issue?
Thanks
Kim
Daven

Re: Double lines on cutting

Post by Daven »

Have you checked the beam is exiting the nozzle centrally? - the 3rd mirror may be out.

What machine is it?

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Scriggles

Post by Scriggles »

Hi Dave.
It's the LS3040.
I've just checked and the nozzle beam seems to fire centrally through the nozzle?
I'm stumped.
Daven

Post by Daven »

Check the table is level - only time I have seen this is due to alignment. Maybe a daft question but assume you checked alignment in all four corners and the lens has no cracks?

Does it do the same on other material?

Best
Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Scriggles

Post by Scriggles »

Hi Dave
Thanks so much for your help.
I did all the alignment checks, checked lens, mirrors, table level, etc. Everything looked perfect but still double lines! I randomly adjusted some screws and tested until the double lines disappeared. I'm just running the laser at the moment. Hoping it'll be perfect!
Thanks for your help.
Kim
Scriggles

Post by Scriggles »

OK, so turns out my inexperience means that I didn't check the alignment on the last mirror! I think I've sorted it though .... :roll:
Thanks!
Daven

Post by Daven »

Well done ;)
Best
Dave
Scriggles

Post by Scriggles »

Aaaagh - double lines have now moved to the right hand side of the board. I’ve had a look through the forum for any info or videos on how to align mirrors but can’t any find anything. Is there any info available so I know what I need to do to get this sorted? Thanks!
Daven

Post by Daven »

Thisvideo is good - explains it well but obviously he has removed the lids and bypassed the contact switches which you should not do.

Best
Dave
Scriggles

Post by Scriggles »

As always, you are super helpful! Thank you so much. That video was very informative. I've got it sorted now ... I hope!!
I have another question on water temp but will start another thread.
Thank you.