Need Vista 32 bit USB Drivers 3020 ND

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Pedro_Hernandez

Need Vista 32 bit USB Drivers 3020 ND

Post by Pedro_Hernandez »

Morning All

My laptop has been playing up and had sone USB connectivity issues, i've accidently deleted my 3020 drivers and to add insult to injury my laptops CD drive has packed up so cannot run from disc.

If anyone can email them over to me it would be much apreicated.

TIA

Pedro

peter@hearnmade.co.uk
HPC1290 User HPC 3020 Owner
Daven

Re: Need Vista 32 bit USB Drivers 3020 ND

Post by Daven »

Hi Pedro - I will email what I have - not sure if it is Vista... ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Pedro_Hernandez

Post by Pedro_Hernandez »

Cheers Dave

HPC kindly emailed me a link to a download of the drivers, however it didn't fix the issue and was still getting the port error message and laptop dialogue message USB device not recognised pop up.

The day before my nozzle cone dropped and fouled on the lip of the aluminium table when sent home to datum,,the carriage banged juddered in both X,Y before I hit the emergency stop button. And after restarting seemed to operate ok and did a final cut/photoengraver closing it all down without issue.

In hindsight a slipped tooth or loose Y axis coupler could be enough to offer resistance to the stepper motors and may explain the problem,so I had a play,,

Loosened of all the belts and ensured there was equal tension both side, left and right hand side for the X axis and top and bottom for the Y axis. Also I loosened of the shaft coupler with the four screws then put the carriage top right. The carriage would spring back an inch or two indicating the top side of the belt was not equal to the bottom side so I surmised that the belt may of slipped more than a couple of teeth !

Best practice would of been to loosen of the retaining grub screw on the Y stepper motor gear shaft, however I was pushed for time and did not having the correct size allen key to hand. Holding the brass coupler and with the carriage top right gently turned it till I could feel the teeth jumping,soon I had equal tension and when released the carriage did not pull-back.

With all the belts re-tensioned, I restarted the machine and files sent down fine and no more port errors or “Unrecognised USB device" messages, no repeat of the problem after running for a few hours so guess that was my issues.

Remarkably this also sorted out another issue I've been plagued with for years and that was a wandering engrave problem,,so that was a bonus !.

Regards

Pedro
HPC1290 User HPC 3020 Owner
Daven

Post by Daven »

No problems - glad you are back up and running ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC