3020 carriage stoppin/freezing during engrave

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Pedro_Hernandez

3020 carriage stoppin/freezing during engrave

Post by Pedro_Hernandez »

Good Morning All

This has never happend to me before but on three seperate occasions during a 3-4 hour period the laser carriage has jsut stopped, not always in the same place but the machine remains on and carriage locked in place with no laser output with the useual Logic port error messages when trying to reset XY/Stop/Start ect.

Only a restart of the machine resolves it, when the carriage in a locked all the belts seem correctly tensioned and the carriage has minimal movement and not sloppy or loose.

I've encountered all the usual issues with incorrectly tensioned belts and loose or over tightened nylon carriage wheels but all that seems to be in fine fettle.

Tommorow I'll do a restart of the laptop and see if that resolves it as I've had issue all day with mouse being unresponsive and sluggish sytem process's slowing and muliple task being unresponsive.

Any suggestions or advice would be much apreciated ,like I said this is nothing ive experienced before and its got me guessing.

Cheers

Regards

Peter
HPC1290 User HPC 3020 Owner
Daven

Re: 3020 carriage stoppin/freezing during engrave

Post by Daven »

Hi Pedro,
From memory mine did it a couple of times but with files that had something strange but I can't remember what - maybe something outside the cut area or a spline....

Maybe a re-start will help but if not check the file.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Pedro_Hernandez

Maybe Dave,however I've never had a problem with this file,prob sent it down about 150 plus times with no problem.

Only exception this last time is that I've used the "select all" command before sending,and also had another file minimised that I use for an alignment check but was still selected in a marquee.

I'll give the whole thing a thorough clean and lubricate this weekend, restart my laptop and fingers crossed !.

Cheers

Pedro
Daven

Post by Daven »

If the head moves when the machine is off it is more likely to be a logical issue but a good clean may help in case some grot has caused the head to forget where it was!?

Good luck ;)

Best
Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Pedro_Hernandez

Do you mean moves when it's on Dave ? :D my carriage has always moved quite freely with machine turned off!,

I'll check the homing sensors and carriage blade as well I've had it do weird things before now and it's either been a build up of crud on the blade or sensor got a bit of debris on on the rail end.

Also I skipped my normal routine of wiping the rail/nylon wheels clean and relubing each day so I only have myself to blame! .

Cheers

Pedro
Daven

Post by Daven »

Yes that's what I mean - if it moves freely when the machine is off but locks up during a job it sounds like a logical error.

Possibly If something is stopping or slowing the head when running it could make it stall but normally it would make a ratcheting sound. AFAIK there is no feedback to the controller as to the actual position of the head.

Best
Dave