Chiller Bleeping error code 5

Moderators: HPC, Daven

smilerpete

Chiller Bleeping error code 5

Post by smilerpete »

Hi
Please could anybody help. I have a chiller unit PHLW06BLP/08 which keeps bleeping showing error 05.( blockage.) The Laser is a 6090 Pro. I have cleaned out thoroughly all the pipework, cleaned out the tube and replaced a faulty flow switch. The beam works intermittently, sometimes the bleeping is constant sometimes it will take 20mins for it to start again. I have also bypassed the tube and the bleeping stops, but as soon as I connect the tube back up the beeping starts again. Also if I squeeze the flow tube slightly the laser fires on and then off. There seems to be a steady flow of water on the return to the chiller, so I am at loss as to what may be causing it.
Thank you for any advice.
Pete
Tom

Re: Chiller Bleeping error code 5

Post by Tom »

Hi pete
could be a iffy flow switch in the chiller or a slight blockage in the tube
What is a PHLW06BLP/08

Tom
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Define "cleaned out" Pete?

rockup in the chiller or tube won't flush through like mucky water will.
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
smilerpete

Post by smilerpete »

Hi Guys
Thank you for your replies.
PHLWO6BLP/08 is the no. on the back of the machine.

I cleaned out the the tube with costic soda as advised by HPC then thoroughly flushed out the system as I am aware of the damage this stuff can do.
I didn't clean out the chiller because when I connected the flow pipe from the chiller directly back to the return on the chiller including the flow switch in the machine it does not bleep. Therefore isolating the tube, then when I include the tube the bleeping continues.
Not sure what rockup is Spooky. Pete
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Caustic will clean algae from pipes but at the wrong concentration will also collapse the inside of the pipes. To get calcium based deposits out of a tube it needs to be acidic not alkaline. (Rockup = calcium deposits from water, especially hard water)
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Lightnin

Post by Lightnin »

my flexi tubes are getting a bit dark.
Laser tube is fine.
I run distilled water with a touch of standard antifreeze.
(theory being the antifreeze has corrosion inhibitors ? )
Should I use caustic soda, or white vinegar to clean?
and what strengths ?
or just replace the flexi tubes ?
Tom

Post by Tom »

Spooky wrote:Caustic will clean algae from pipes but at the wrong concentration will also collapse the inside of the pipes. To get calcium based deposits out of a tube it needs to be acidic not alkaline. (Rockup = calcium deposits from water, especially hard water)
What Spooky said

Pete if your in a hard water area and have used tap water caustic soda won't help
Try a very weak acid
Is the chiller a 4000

Lightnin
If the algae is just in the pipes and you can get them out easy I'd do that warm water will get must of it out just by rubbing the pipes

Tom
Lightnin

Post by Lightnin »

Tom wrote:[
Lightnin
If the algae is just in the pipes and you can get them out easy I'd do that warm water will get must of it out just by rubbing the pipes

Tom
Is that from experience Tom ?

I know I can clean them .. but wanted to delay the onset of "growth" ,again :-)

I did hear that food grade flexi pipes are resistant to algae etc .. so might upgrade to those ?
Tom

Post by Tom »

Lightnin wrote:
Tom wrote:[
Lightnin

Tom
Is that from experience Tom ?

I know I can clean them .. but wanted to delay the onset of "growth" ,again :-)

I did hear that food grade flexi pipes are resistant to algae etc .. so might upgrade to those ?
The best thing to keep them algae free is no light :lol:
You need something too kill the algae and The antifreeze isn't
I have cleaned the pipes with warm water, if your thinking of changing the pipes anyway do that
I don't think food grade pipes will stop the algae
Lightnin

Post by Lightnin »

hmmm .. maybe a UV pond filter ?