Wouldn't that just do the water and not the pipes
Lightnin

Re: Chiller Bleeping error code 5

Post by Lightnin »

it would kill anything living in the water , before it got to the pipes
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

I believe chris gets his silicone hose from a supplier that supplies it to dairy farms . . . . I would imagine that is food grade!
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

A tea spoon of Chlorine crystals that is used in home spa pools works, Chlorine kills everything (literally NO more than a tea spoon in 10 litres of water though)
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Lightnin

Post by Lightnin »

Spooky wrote:A tea spoon of Chlorine crystals that is used in home spa pools works, Chlorine kills everything (literally NO more than a tea spoon in 10 litres of water though)
how much difference is that from a squirt of bleach ? or a camping water purifying tablet ? .. I have both of those to hand :-)
smilerpete

Post by smilerpete »

Hi
Thanks everybody for your help.
I live in the countryside and the water comes from a stream so it would be hard water, therefore a calcium build up would probably be in the tube, would I be able to use white vinegar and to what strength or is there any other acidic product you could recommend.
The model is a CW 4000 it was made by Shenzer Sunrise.
I have also isolated the flow switch wire on the laser with a paper clip and the laser fires up everytime, but the bleeping still occurs.
kind regards
Pete
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Lightnin wrote:
Spooky wrote:A tea spoon of Chlorine crystals that is used in home spa pools works, Chlorine kills everything (literally NO more than a tea spoon in 10 litres of water though)
how much difference is that from a squirt of bleach ? or a camping water purifying tablet ? .. I have both of those to hand :-)
nope pure Chlorine crystals, many of the other products have extra additives in them
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

smilerpete wrote:Hi
Thanks everybody for your help.
I live in the countryside and the water comes from a stream so it would be hard water, therefore a calcium build up would probably be in the tube, would I be able to use white vinegar and to what strength or is there any other acidic product you could recommend.
The model is a CW 4000 it was made by Shenzer Sunrise.
I have also isolated the flow switch wire on the laser with a paper clip and the laser fires up everytime, but the bleeping still occurs.
kind regards
Pete
Stream water....not good, that'll rock up the tube and chiller in pretty short order.

Cillit Bang Lime and Grime or Kettle descaler if you are feeling brave (and so long as there are no aluminium ends on the tube as it will melt them)

Poundland descaler 100ml in 5 litres of water and MAKE SURE it is flushed through properly afterwards (see the above comment about melting stuff)
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Tom

Post by Tom »

Pete the chiller has it's own flow censer so bypassing the laser one will not stop it