Laser Fatigue

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Pedro_Hernandez

Laser Fatigue

Post by Pedro_Hernandez » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:01 pm

Ok, I'm refering to the user not the machine.

I've got six craft events/shows up to the 18th December and need tips on how to stay sane !.

In theory I could spend most my day at School designing and cutting for them then coming home and pounding my 3020 most of the night and weekends.

Will I make it ? Is it possible to overdose on Laser's ? Help !.

Regards

Peter
HPC1290 User HPC 3020 Owner

Spooky

Re: Laser Fatigue

Post by Spooky » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:25 pm

Possible? yea sure is Pete, I get days where I really don't want to turn the thing on but I guess I'm lucky that I don't really do any commercial cutting so the actual machine time isn't too bad.
The worst part for me is putting models together to test them,that can be fun on a new design but when your doing the same thing time and time again to work out a small detail it can get tedious.
Sometimes I like to run up a few giant scale models and other times making the same models scaled to 1mm mountboard is a giggle but the constant testing and looking for improvements on models is a pain.
One of the hardest designs has been the amity house, I must have cut 40 of those so far always looking for a tiny improvement or detail and while they are fun and a great item for commercial purposes ,looking at the same house for weeks at a time is mind numbing.

So "laser Fatigue"? yep, most certainly :)

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk

Daven

Re: Laser Fatigue

Post by Daven » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:38 pm

Onset of LFS (laser fatigue syndrome) needs to be taken seriously. Early signs are long periods of isolation, eye and nose irritation and redness of the ears in some cases.

Whilst the periods of isolation are difficult for the patient to control, eye and nose irritation can be reduced by better air extraction and longer breaks from the PC. Redness of the ears is slightly more complex - it appears that most sufferers are either married or in long term relationships. Purchasing of gifts such as cars, expensive jewelry or flowers for the partner seems to help reduce the irritation.

All we can offer is support and sympathy ;-)

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC