Oops indeed. :D

Tweakie.
Attachments
DSC00773aa.jpg
(55.47 KiB) Downloaded 868 times

Spooky

Re: Ooops !

Post by Spooky » Tue May 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Call it a rough guess Tweaks but I think you may need another tube, call it intuition but that one may not give quite the power you are looking for :)

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk

Daven

Post by Daven » Tue May 24, 2011 4:16 pm

Dave - you don't know much about super glue do you!! :lol:

Was it just an age thing Tweakie (the tube, not you!) or where you pushing it by cutting a grain of suger again? :D

Cheers

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC

tweakie

Post by tweakie » Tue May 24, 2011 4:31 pm

:lol: :lol:

I bought the machine in that condition.
There was an HT fault and I think the service engineer tried to remove the board without disconnecting the HT cable first (senior moment perhaps).

This is going to be the first RF excited RABBIT :D

Tweakie.

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Tue May 24, 2011 4:35 pm

Ouch.....

Wait till you need a re-gas or tube, that's when things get exciting ;)

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk

tweakie

Post by tweakie » Tue May 24, 2011 6:54 pm

Right on Dave - I cant afford the re-gas but if it lasts only half of the 20,000 hours average lifetime everything else will probably be worn out by then, including me !

Tweakie.

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Tue May 24, 2011 7:36 pm

Have a look at some of the epilog feedback mate, yes RF can last 20,000 hours but they can also fail in as little as 300 hrs,they are certainly most suseptable to over heat problems and an overheat can be expensive :(,

I lookled at RF(CO2),Synrad and CO2 Glass before opting for CO2 Glass and cheap tube replacement,my Mitsus are industrial machines and the general maintenence costs are very high compared to CO2 systems :(

Overall they are fantastic when they run well but very expensive to repair when they don't :)

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk

tweakie

Post by tweakie » Wed May 25, 2011 6:38 am

Sounds like you should be a salesman for glass tubes Dave. :lol:

Tweakie.

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Wed May 25, 2011 9:39 am

or a dodgy car dealer :)

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk

Daven

Post by Daven » Wed May 25, 2011 9:45 am

I thought you just bought dodgy cars Dave :-)
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user