Pics of what youve done

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Spooky

Re: Pics of what youve done

Post by Spooky »

hehehe eiffel tower :) great fun, if you use the ones off the net mate check the edge sizes before cutting, a lot of the ones floating round don't fit together,

Takes an age to cut out with all the detailing :(

I have a freebee bear around here somewhere if you want it?

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
tweakie

Post by tweakie »

Thanks Dave,
I think I already have a suitable bear but many thanks for the offer - I will be in touch if it doesn't work out. Thanks for the heads-up on the tower.

Thanks Sue,
The wood is American Birch Veneer 0.6mm thick (the insects are perhaps a bit smaller than they appeared to be).

Tweakie.
Attachments
DSC00824aa.jpg
(138.28 KiB) Downloaded 856 times
miniaturemaniac

Post by miniaturemaniac »

Thanks Tweakie - I'll have to get some - can you recommend anywhere please?

Sue
Daven

Post by Daven »

Sue have a look at Anita Marquetry thats where I get my veneer from. Another good place is Yandles in Martock - they sell offcuts in packs of different species ;-)

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
tweakie

Papel Picado

Post by tweakie »

I was fascinated by this design and had to do a bit of research into Mexican "Papel Picado" and of course cut one, just to see how long it took (14 minutes).
Their infinite combinations of designs always seem to incorporate some of the key elements of Birds, Skeletons and Flowers probably in a similar way that our own UK canal boat art incorporates the Castles and Roses.

Tweakie.
Attachments
DSC00852aa.jpg
(57.32 KiB) Downloaded 785 times
Daven

Post by Daven »

Very nice.

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Love the engineering that's gone into the machine Tweaks, combination of heath robinson and star trek :) brilliant stuff my friend :)

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Froggy

Post by Froggy »

The guys (and Girls) who are posting their work are as amazing as the things they are displaying. The pics are a real incentive. Congrats to all. I would just like to know which machine they use for the pieces. Suppose bit like the old camera guys who always wanted to know film,speed, f setting etc.
tweakie

Post by tweakie »

Hi Froggy,

I am bit of an interloper here as my machine is home built but I have not shown pictures of anything that can't be done using the LS3020.

Tweakie.
johnb80

Post by johnb80 »

Here's one of our projects, this is one of the BETA builds, full production is now starting, length 2metres, wingspan 1.4 metres
569.JPG
The finshed product in flight
(24.6 KiB) Downloaded 720 times
Attachments
Buccaneer005-4.jpg
The internal structure
(144.29 KiB) Downloaded 177 times