Update

Moderators: HPC, Daven

NeedyPickle

Update

Post by NeedyPickle »

Hi All,

It is 7.30pm and I am frustrated at not being able to experiment with my laser cutter tonight. I have put it to bed and tucked it up for the evening. Although things aren't working out for me at the moment I am happily confident that with the help of this forum and the positive support from HPC that I will have things running smoothly very quickly.

I have had some success with engraving my glass pieces and am pretty pleased with the progress I am making. I have fiddled about with highlights, contrast, shadow, midtone etc and have been getting big improvements with the finished pieces. Last night I engraved a piece at a lower power and was very surprised with the result. The subtle change has actually increased contrast and detail.

Still dithering over getting Photo Grav, the reason for this is that I do not have a huge amount of experience with Gimp and Photoshop and Photo Grav might just put the final finishing touches to my work.

Opinions welcome

Ali
NeedyPickle

Re: Update

Post by NeedyPickle »

YIPPEE!!!!!! Laser cutter back on line and working away nicely for me.

It turns out that my computer rejected the USB, kind of spat it out like a dummy. After help from Chris I am now fully functional. :D

Thanks again
Daven

Post by Daven »

Computers, don't you just love 'em :roll:

Glad your up and running again ;-)

Can't help with Photo Grav as I don't use it but if you think it will save you time if nothing else it will pay for itself I guess ;-)

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
avalonman

Post by avalonman »

photograve is easy to use and has picture sorted in a couple of steps.

I bought mine when i bought my machine but as it turns out i dont use it as i dont use pictures for what i do, still it is very good and easy to use
http://www.avalonesoterics.co.uk - Making fire wood with ease.
I own a 6840 purchased april 2011, working from acer 8935g laptop with win8 pro and lasercut 5.3 software
software autocad, adobe, corel, draftcad all legal