Info about files

Moderators: HPC, Daven

ooper

Info about files

Post by ooper »

Hi do anyone know if Laser cut 6.1 use svg files , i got a wedding to do and need to cut invertations ect also a baby Shower but the files i been looking at are for svg files and also whats the best card / paper to use thanks
Daven

Re: Info about files

Post by Daven »

I don't have 6.1 but if you open it and select import you should see a list of file formats ;)

Best card is one that does not have a high chalk content - best to get samples and try (I do not often cut light coloured card as it is a pain).

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
ooper

Post by ooper »

Cheers fella ,do you happen to have any names for card
Daven

Post by Daven »

No - sorry the only name I know is Canford - I would try a local stationers or art shop ;)

Cheers
Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
ooper

Post by ooper »

Ok no worries thank you
Daven

Post by Daven »

No problems - let us know how you get on.

Best
Dave
tilltots

Post by tilltots »

You can open svg in Inkscape and export to dxf easily
LS3060 with a 60W upgrade
llamalasers

Post by llamalasers »

I cut card reasonably regularly, including white and quite detailed.
Charring only really occurs on the back side.
The trick is to get a soft brush and dust the small amount of char off straight away without touching it.

I usually use whatever 200ish gsm card I can find on Amazon Prime but recently discovered these guys https://wlcoller.co.uk/ lots of nice products at a good price and quick delivery, plus supporting UK businesses rather than tax dodging multinationals is a plus.
60W LS6840 & CW4000
started out with LS3040