Tube upgrade

Moderators: HPC, Daven

ooper

Tube upgrade

Post by ooper »

Hi people.
I got a HPC LS3040 which i bought of a lady second hand but like new but she just used it for a few cake toppers , im 62 and never operated a laser machine in my life so everything to me was new i never understood the softwear / controles and even the word values but got iit now after a lot of trial and era and eventualy resulting in the tube going down and knew that when this happened i was going to upgrade from the 40W to a 60W which HPC are coming in to sort it , i dont want to put a lot of strain on this tube as i did with the 40W so im looking for anybody with a 60W who got any values that can help me il bee cutting 3mm 5mm ply and also the same thickness MDF and also i got my nephews wedding to do so hopfully cutting card invitations so need any info at all on this like values whar type of card and if anyone got any free DFX files or know what site i can get file .
Thank you
Wayne
Daven

Re: Tube upgrade

Post by Daven »

Hi Wayne,
The speeds and power settings can depend on the type of materiel and quality - for example laser ply (birch or popular) or light ply all have slightly difference requirements.

I cut 3mm birch laser ply at around 28mm/s at power of 62% and 5mm at 9mm/s - I think I could cut faster with higher power but to be honest I find this suits me and I get a good result.

Focus and clean lenses/mirrors are also important so make sure your extraction is good as this also helps.

Card is a pain - you need a good quality card (especially if white) that has a low chalk content - keep the power low and speed high.

There are some free dxf files out there but keep a look out for viruses - often it is easier to create your own that alter someones else's (depending on the complexity).

Cheers
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
ooper

Re: Tube upgrade

Post by ooper »

Thank you