Ghosting

Moderators: HPC, Daven

CamG

Ghosting

Post by CamG »

Hi folks,
looking for a little help. I'm having issues with 'ghosting' on engraving, where the back and forth passes are not alligning correctly. I've just changed the x axis bearings and that appears to have caused it. It looks fine if I uncheck the Bi-Dir box, but it's much more noticeable than prior to changing the bearings, i've adjusted the belt tension from quite loose to very tight and the problem persists. Any tips on what else I can try?

Thanks

Cam
Daven

Re: Ghosting

Post by Daven »

Hi Cam - is the belt moving across the bearing? If so it could be that and you may need to adjust the bearing housing so it stops the belt wandering - this helped mine when I had similar.

On one of may machines the belt is not as tight as the newest machine and it engraves fine so I'm not sure the belt has to be very tight!

Let us know how you get on ;)

Cheers
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
CamG

Post by CamG »

Hi Dave,
do you mean the bearing idler on the right hand side of the belt? I'll double check but it seems to be moving smoothly.
Daven

Post by Daven »

That's the gismo - mine is on the left but the belt was wandering so a small tweek and it was better.

Cheers
Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
CamG

Post by CamG »

Cheers Dave,
took the whole assembly apart and reassembled it and that seems to have done the trick.

Next query, I don't suppose you have any idea where I might be able to get a replacement 'base plate' for the laser head? (the bit that the posts that hold the 4 bearings slot into) I've managed to strip the thread on one of the holes so I can't tighten the screw that holds the post in place. I've contacted HPC and they say they don't do that part and the one I've got from a place in China is out on the dimensions to the bearings won't go over the rail :/
Daven

Post by Daven »

PM me the part and dimensions - I may have kept the one off my burnt out machine ;)