Align Mirror one?

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Burcot

Align Mirror one?

Post by Burcot »

whilst testing the mirror alignment on my LS3060 - I noticed the beam directly from the tube hits the first mirror way off center.
I am not sure if the first mirror is important because it is so close to the laser source.

Should I aim for the center of the first mirror or concentrate on mirror two?

Trying to envision the effect of each turn of these locking screws is definitely better than Seduku for brain exercise lol
llamalasers

Re: Align Mirror one?

Post by llamalasers »

Burcot wrote:Trying to envision the effect of each turn of these locking screws is definitely better than Seduku for brain exercise lol
:lol:
60W LS6840 & CW4000
started out with LS3040
Tom

Post by Tom »

You don't have to be centre of the first two mirrors
But you want to be centre ish on the third
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

think backwards, the screws usually PUSH the mirror away from themselves when you turn clockwise

(from somebody that just spent 3 hours realigning a 1290 !!)
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Burcot

Post by Burcot »

I mainly wondered if the non alignment of the first mirror was going to make centering the next two impossible :oops:
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

It won't make it easier ;)

If possible you need all three mirrors as close to centre as you can get
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Burcot

Post by Burcot »

Thanks Dave
I was kind of hoping (in a masochistic way) that all the mirrors needed to be accurate
I will need to start from scratch then but - hoping it will be worth the effort :)
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

There are some minor issues with using knarl'd out beams (ie: getting them straight by the final mirror only) but it only really affects the bigger machines with full flying optics like the 1290 and 1690 where the distances involved get pretty long ;)
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

It is traditional to wave your arms about and pretend that they are the laser and your body is the mirror. This helps.

No really, it does.
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Daven

Post by Daven »

Yep - agreed - its called the mirror alignment pilates system ;)
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user