Problem with Lasercut 5.3 crashing

Please read before posting to the forum

Moderators: HPC, Daven

crabpot

Problem with Lasercut 5.3 crashing

Post by crabpot »

I have recently purchased a Lasercut Pro 3020LSCT with Laserrcut 5.3 software & dongle. My problem is that as soon as I drag the mouse for any reason, say to select a group, the software immediately locks-up and I get the error message along the line "printerdrivernotinstalled" and I have to restart the software. I then have to return to CorelDraw to make any amendments and re-import the file.

It also happened when I collected the machine and had the initial demo - this was put down down to a software conflict on my laptop. This issue does not happen in any of the many other programs I run under Windows 7/64. I have reinstalled the software many times and tried different machines with the same result.

Has anybody else had this problem - and resolved it please?
Richard
puffindesign.co.uk
Tom

Re: Problem with Lasercut 5.3 crashing

Post by Tom »

Hi Richard

although i have not had this problem is it when you use the printer driver out of corel
or do you save as a dxf and import into lasercut

Tom
crabpot

Post by crabpot »

Hi Tom

Thank you for the response. I slightly misquoted the error, it is more like "LaserPrintDriver Module is not responding"

I use CorelDraw and convert the file to a .plt. I then import the file to Lasercut and save as a .ecp file.

Another interesting anomaly is that even though I always save the file as .ecp when I download the file to the LS020 the display on the machine sometimes shows the file name I have used, but more often than not, just shows LASER.MOL even though it has downloaded the correct file. (I always delete the previous file saved to the machine to be certain it is using the file I want)

Regards, Richard
keithwright

Post by keithwright »

LASER.MOL comes up as a file name if the original file name does not follow the eight character rule. This is the old early filing system of 8 characters in name plus three in extension. 5.3 renames to LASER.MOL any file that has spaces or some band characters, or more than eight characters.
crabpot

Post by crabpot »

Ahha - I hadn't thought of that! I haven't come up against the 8 character protocol for years now!

Another little niggle - when I import the .plt files I have to re-colour a lot of the cut lines as they either import wholly black or a mixture of some correct and others not - any suggestions by any chance?

Best regards, Richard
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

They have to be base colours :)

Shades or variations are all seen by lasercut as black

cheers

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Tom

Post by Tom »

HI Richard

Give HPC a call and ask them for a copy of laser cut (if you hav'nt already)
or just the win7 64bit driver
Hope you get it sorted

Tom