LS6040 CLEANING/ALIGNMENT

Please read before posting to the forum

Moderators: HPC, Daven

usw

LS6040 CLEANING/ALIGNMENT

Post by usw »

Hi, our machine was working fine, then it wasn't cutting through towards the middle of the sheet, now it doesn't engrave or cut through at all, only cuts a shallow outline. We have levelled the bed as it was a bit loose and wonky. How do you clean the mirrors first before we even think about adjusting the laser. The machine has had a lot of use the past few weeks cutting 3-6mm ply and acrylic. Many thanks.
Daven

Re: LS6040 CLEANING/ALIGNMENT

Post by Daven »

Lens cleaner and cloth. Do not remove the mirrors except for the one in the head. Remove the lens and clean as well.

You should be doing this after a few hours cutting to keep a nice cut ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Lightnin

Post by Lightnin »

Daven wrote: You should be doing this after a few hours cutting to keep a nice cut ;)

Best
Dave
that often ?

oops ! :oops:
Daven

Post by Daven »

Certainly the lens and mirror in the head but while you are doing them a quick wipe of the others won't go amiss.

Keeping them clean helps to stop them overheating and cooking the coating!

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
usw

Post by usw »

The machines have been neglected cleaning wise. Think the first mirror is marked. Cleaned the mirrors. Started adjusting the beam alignment and it has gone way out. Watched the video that came with machine but didn't show exactly how to adjust angles of mirrors. Is it just trial and error or is there a best practice method. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Lightnin

Post by Lightnin »

usw wrote:The machines have been neglected cleaning wise. Think the first mirror is marked. Cleaned the mirrors. Started adjusting the beam alignment and it has gone way out. Watched the video that came with machine but didn't show exactly how to adjust angles of mirrors. Is it just trial and error or is there a best practice method. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
tiny tiny adjustments make a big difference at the next mirror.

when you have the tape on the next mirror and pulse, you get the mark. adjust a little and pulse again, and see if you moved it the right way.
after a while you get the hang of it. quite often you have to think backwards, as it moves the beam in a different direction than expected.
usw

Post by usw »

Thanks for the advice. Made some mini targets from cardboard and adjusted the left mirror. Works great now thanks.
Lightnin

Post by Lightnin »

Glad you got it sorted .. it's all good fun :-)