alignment!

Please read before posting to the forum

Moderators: HPC, Daven

craftybubble

alignment!

Post by craftybubble »

hi! can anyone help show me how to sort my alignment out? its way off but the last time i messed with the screws i messed it up altogether and don't want to risk it again! it definitely off and isn't cutting as accurately because of it! also my bed seems higher at the front right side but not sure how to adjust it! i know i sound a complete dumbass here but could really do with some pointers as i've never been shown HOW to do it!
if anyone can emil me step by step that would be great!

crafty_bubble@hotmail.com
thanks

Helene
Jonathanmartlew

Re: alignment!

Post by Jonathanmartlew »

Hi, I am in the same position. What help did you receive?
Daven

Post by Daven »

It is actually quite tricky to write up an easy guide and there are a few guides/videos that can be found searching the net.

I learned the hard way - getting it completely wrong and spending half a day putting it right! The adjusters take very little movement so do it in say 10 minutes at a time (if the allen key was a minute hand on a clock).

If the spot needs to move down the mirror prior to the spot needs to tilt down.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
MooMoo

Post by MooMoo »

I have a 3040 machine and recently had a visit from Phil at HPC for a service. One of the best bits of advice I had about realignment, and something that is so simple and yet I hadn't thought of it, is to move the gantry to the left (closest to the tube firing end :) ), get the red dot in the middle of the next mirror and move the gantry away (adjusting the screws as needed). I'd spent ages trying to align the laser before, which at one point missed the mirror completely and hit the inside casing of the machine.
I'm a complete novice with these machines and yet with a little patience and just doing it, you work it out.